During the holidays, our baby boy has one request Potato Candy. He loves it!!!
It is really a great candy for the kids to make. Our older one can help with mixing the confectionery sugar and potatoes. Once the “dough” is made the younger kiddo can spread the peanut butter and roll into the loaf.
It’s good but not necessarily good for you. But everyone does a treat every now and then.
- 1 medium potato peeled and cubed
- 2 boxes confectionary sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Add cubed potato to a pot of boiling water. Allow potato to cook until tender. This may take 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potato and place in a large mixing bowl. Mash the potato pieces with a fork.
- Stir in the confectionery sugar in small amounts, about ½ cup at a time. Continue to add more sugar until the mixture becomes dough like and cannot hold any more sugar.
- Dust a cutting board with the confectionery sugar.
- Place half of the dough on the cutting board and roll out until it is about 1/4 thick.
- Spread peanut butter generously and evenly across the dough.
- Roll the dough from front to back making a long loaf.
- Repeat this process with the remaining dough.
- Place the two loafs into the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and slice into bite size pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator.