This is a easy chicken pot pie recipe is a great meal to prepare and leftovers keep well. Our children love this recipe and will help us put it together. It uses Campbell’s cream of chicken soup and Veg-all. This easy chicken pot pie takes about an hour from start to finish. During the summer months we grill extra chicken which speeds up the recipe. Feel free to add different spices to your taste. Enjoy!
- I pound of boneless chicken breast
- 1 can of Veg-all
- 1 can Campbell’s cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sat
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Pillsbury deep dish pie crust (one thawed and one frozen)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add cream of chicken soup, veg-all and spices. Mix well.
- Pat chicken breast dry and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a pan add olive oil to medium heat. Once oil is heated add chicken breast. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and shred or slice into small pieces (we shred ours).
- Add shredded to soup mixture and stir well.
- Add chicken mixture to the frozen pie crust and spread evenly.
- Carefully remove thawed pie shell from its pan and place on the top of the mixture. Press edges together. Use a fork to poke a few holes in the top crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes, crust should be slightly browned.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Slice and serve. Enjoy!