This easy brownies recipe is one that our daughter found and picked for us to make one weekend. Now she is able to make these on her own and will proudly announce that “brownies are ready”!. They are great snacks to have around, as long as you don’t eat them all. On her last batch of brownies she decided to sprinkle confectioners sugar on top to finish them off. Give these a try to take care your sweet tooth. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
- ? cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat a 9x13 non stick baking dish with butter.
- Melt 1 cup of butter.
- Mix cocoa powder into the melted butter and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add the butter mixture to the large bowl of egg mixture. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Add flour, salt and the baking powder to the mixture and stir. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Slowly pour the batter into the 9x13 pan and allow to settle.
- Place pan on middle rack of oven and allow to back for 25-30 minutes.
- Check brownies with a toothpick or fork to make sure they are cooked all the way through.
- Remove pan from oven and allow brownies to cool.
- Once brownies are cool cut into squares or other fun shapes. Top with sifted confectioners sugar if desired. Enjoy!