It is HOT where we live. Like the fry an egg on concrete HOT kind of hot. So when we happened upon this little chocolate banana slices treat, we were excited. It sounded so good and cold. We need something cold!
We made a batch, then another, then another… These are just YUMMY! You can also coat in butterscotch. Or use two banana slices and add peanut butter between the slices. Yep, it is great no matter how you switch it up.
Adapted from The View From Great .
- 1-2 medium bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chip morsels
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Slice bananas into ¼ inch slices. Place slices on parchment paper and place in freezer.
- Allow banana slice to freeze, should take about an hour.
- In a double boiler, add coconut oil and allow to melt.
- Add chocolate chips and stir as chocolate melts.
- Once chocolate melts remove from heat and allow to cool for about 1 minute.
- Remove banana slices from freezer.
- Dip banana slices in chocolate, use a fork to remove slices from chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Once all slices are covered place in freezer.
- Wait about 30 minutes and then enjoy.