This recipe is a different way to use chicken for a easy family weeknight meal. We all have our go to recipes for those busy weeks where there never seems to be enough time to slow down and make a full meal for dinner. Our family loves beef stroganoff and this quick and easy chicken stroganoff was a hit as well. The recipe comes together quickly and can be served with or without a side dish. Our children loved it the first time we tried it, and now it is one of our go-to meals. It is quick, filling, and delicious. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces wide egg noodle
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast cubed
- ½ cup flower
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook egg noodles according to directions on package and set aside.
- In a large pan add olive oil on medium heat. Add chicken and allow to cook until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan add 2 tablespoons of butter and allow to melt.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and allow to melt.
- Add the flour and paprika, stir for about 45 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce and chicken. Bring to a gentle simmer and allwo to cook until sauce has thickened.
- Stir in sour cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add noodles to the pan and stir.
- Serve with favorite side or alone. Enjoy!