Chicken Stir Fry is my all time favorite meal. I truly could eat this just about every day. It is easy and has lots of vegetables. The only down side is washing the Wok but we have the kids for those chores.
It is a very versatile dish because you really can add any vegetable or meat you prefer.
Sometimes when we feel fancy, we use strip steak instead of chicken. The executive chef of the Frugal Family (the hubby) prefers steak to chicken. So when steak is on sale, we splurge for steak.
Another option is to use both chicken and steak so everyone is happy! It is pretty easy to have steak and chicken in the same dish. We use 1/2 lb of chicken and an 8 oz steak. We cook the steak in the Wok first. How long depends on how rare you like steak. Once done, take the steak out of the wok, rinse the wok and cook the chicken. Before you add the sauce to the wok mixture, add the steak back into the wok.
- 1lb skinless boneless chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans sliced water chestnuts
- 1-2 cups Zucchini noodles
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped green beans
- ½ cup low sodium Teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon corn starch
- Heat wok to medium heat.
- Add vegetable oil.
- Place chicken in wok and cook until done.
- While chicken is cooking, stir all sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add water chestnuts, mushrooms and chopped carrots in the wok with chicken. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of rice.